The people at First Baptist are a body of believers who have joined together to be a faithful witness for Jesus Christ here in Augusta, Kansas. It is our sincere desire for you to find a place where you can worship the Lord and grow in your faith. This web site is designed to let you know about some of the activities that take place here. We invite you to take part in any of the activities that interest you. If you have an area of interest or need, please let us know how we can better serve you. You are important to us here at First Baptist and if we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To help people:
- Belong - feel welcome, valued and connected in the church community.
- Believe - develop a relationship with Jesus by grace through faith.
- Become - passionate followers of Jesus who live out our faith in every aspect of life.
We seek to be a Gospel-community where people are valued and become passionate followers of Jesus.
Our guiding values are to be:
- Authentic - We seek to be honest before the Lord and each other, humbly recognizing our failures and allowing the Gospel to transform us.
- Gospel-Centered - We seek to be a people who intentionally live in the presence of God allowing life transformation to happen through the influence of the Bible and the power of the Holy Spirit all within the context of the Gospel-community.
- Missional - We seek to actively engage with the world to purposely serve the needs of our community in real and relevant ways so that the Gospel can be presented through our words and lives.
Our Discipleship Desire
Is for each person to mature in their relationship with God by:
- Listening / Worshiping - Enjoying God's Word through reading and study as well as meaningful time in worship and prayer individually and corporately.
- Passionate / Serving - Discovering the gifts God has given and actively using those gifts in serving the needs of others with joy.
- Growing / Learning - Pursuing a close relationship with God; becoming a life-long learner that results in greater knowledge and love of God as well as a servant heart.
- Giving / Stewardship - Thanking God for the resources He has given and joyfully giving a sacrificial percentage of income and time to the work of the church.
- Multiplying - Sharing the grace and mercy of God, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and love of Jesus with people in a way that helps them become followers of Jesus.
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46Every day the continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.